Network and Tech Support
Some problems you may encounter while playing PS4 games may indicate PS4 NAT Type Failed when you test your internet connection. It's a bit annoying, but don't fret! We have 4 fixes you can try.
First Fix - Manual configuration
The error may just be a matter of ensuring your settings are right. First, you need to find out what your PS4 IP address is. If you don't know it yet, here's how to find out:
1. Go to PS4 Settings
2. After clicking on Settings, click on Network
3. Choose View Connection Status
3. Your IP address information can be seen on the screen shown below.
So now that you know your PS4 IP address, you are ready to manually configure your settings. For this fix, you will need a PC or laptop to set this up. Before you get started, make sure that your PC or laptop is connected to the same network your PS4 is connected to.
1. Now, go back to your PS4 settings and go to Network>Set Up Internet Connection
2. Choose your connection type
3. Once your connection type has been selected, choose Custom. This will allow you to manually put in details. If you don't remember the details, just repeat what you did to obtain the IP address.
4. Once done, select Do Not Use for proxy server
5. Select Test Internet Connection as soon as you see Internet settings updated
6. Once done, it should show the NAT type of your PS4 internet connection
Second fix - Enable UPnP for your modem
If the the first fix didn't work, there are still 3 more fixes you can try. This one involves enabling the UPnP, which stands for Universal Plug and Play. This allows the devices on a network to see each other.
For this method, you will need to go to the modem settings page of your modem. You will need:
- the IP address of your modem
- the username
- the password
If you are using the MyRepublic modem, you just need to open a browser and type in 192.168.1.1 to go to the modem settings page. You can find these information on a sticker at the bottom of your router. The images below are based on the settings of MyRepublic modems.
If you are using your own router, we have an article for you here. If you still can't log in, you may need to contact the manufacturer of your router.
1. Go to your modem settings page. Depending on your modem, choose the option for UPnP
For Halo modems
For wifi hub
2. Turn UPnP on and click Apply or Save
For Wi-fi Halo
For Wi-fi Hub
3. Reboot your modem and wait for it to connect
4. Once reconnected, confirm by going to your PS4 Settings > Network > Test Internet Connection and check if your NAT Type is on
Third fix - Forward Port for your PS4 network
Port forwarding allows the router to open ports to certain devices allowing external connections. Before proceeding, make sure you have a static IP as this will only work for this kind of IP.
You will also need to log in to your modem settings page for this fix.
1. Once logged in, go to forward ports section
For Wi-fi Halo modems
For wi-fi hub
2. Add the custom forwarding ports. You can try the following:
80(TCP), 443(TCP), 3478(TCP and UDP), 3479(TCP and UDP), 3480(TCP)
3. Apply/save your changes
4. Go to PS4 Settings > Network > Test Internet Connection and check your NAT type. If it says Type 2, then you have successfully enabled your router for port forwarding